The process for changing file and folder permissions is quite easy and straightforward. You can do this in 1 of 2 ways, either by cPanel or by an FTP client.
- Login to your cPanel
- Click the "File Manager" option under the "Files" heading
- Click "Go" on the popup window
- Right click on the file/folder you wish to edit the permissions of
- Click "Change Permissions"
- Once you've entered the desired permissions click "Change Permissions" at the bottom right of the box
- Login to your hosting account via an FTP client
- Once logged in, navigate to the /public_html/ directory
- Locate the file you wish to modify and right click
- You will have an option for either "CHMOD" or "File Permissions"
- Click "Apply" or "OK" once you have made the necessary changes
Please get in touch with our support team if you require further assistance.