1. Once you have received your SSL certificate files, open a text editor and paste the contents of each certificate one after another in the following order:
1. The Primary Certificate (your_domain_name.crt)
2. The Intermediate Certificate(s) (UTN AddTrust, ComodoUTN, Comodo High Assurance)
3. The Root Certificate (TrustedRoot.crt)
Make sure that you include the beginning and end tags on each certificate. The result should look like this:
(Your Primary SSL certificate: you_domain_name.crt)
(Your Intermediate certificate: (UTN AddTrust, ComodoUTN, Comodo high Assurance))
(Your Root Certificate: AddTrustExternal.crt)
2. Save the combined file as cert.pem.
Please Note: If you are using an older version of Webstar 4D, it might require a certificate formatted as a combined Netscape file. Netscape format only applies to 4D versions 4 or older, version 5+ uses a .pem file.
3. Your web server must have SSL capabilities turned on. You should view SSL displayed in the status windows on your server, and have an SSL Security item in the list of settings in the WebSTAR admin.
4. In the settings, window, under WebSTAR admin, select SSL Security.
5. The top area lists IP addresses.
6. The lower area sets your security options, including certificate & private key data. The checkboxes set your policy regarding incoming connections.
7. Each IP address uses a unique Certificate. Only one certificate can be assigned to each.
8. Select the item for the IP address which corresponds to the host name of the current certificate.
9. On the Security popup menu, select SSL 2 and SSL 3.
10. Click on the Certificate Choose button. Select the cert.pem file
11. Click on the Private Key File Choose button. Select the private key file you used to generate your CSR.
12. Type your private key password into the appropriate field.
13. Click the Save button.
14. View the server Status window. You should see a message confirming that the SSL certificate was accepted: SSL context for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 created.
15. Encryption Ciphers. The cipher checkboxes indicate which encryption algorithms you will support. The client can connect only if the support at least one of the cypher"s you have enabled.
16. When you have chosen your cipher settings, click Save again to send/set the information.